Friday, August 9, 2013

Expectations and Forward Thinking

Was chatting with Blake last night, mainly catching up and seeing how we are each preparing for the bike trip and we got to talking about expectations. For those who don't know or for those who read this, Blake rode the Pacific Coast a year or so ago; we are gonna be going a different route through Washington but the rest is pretty straight forward so he's done this and knows all about it, but we were reminiscing on how it's always amazing the people one will meet on a bike trip.

I actually still stay in contact with a handful of people I met on our TransAmerican ride and so I'm looking forward to the new friends we will be meeting on this upcoming trip! I remember keeping a notepad of music, books, and movie suggestions from everyone I met and cannot express how thankful I am for people willing to share some of their favorites. Being able to swap stories, laughs, and a meal have been highlights of previous trips and will be highlights for this one.

The farm opportunities also bring me excitement to learn something that I never really had interest in until the past year or so. Evan and I both talked about what we wanted to do to spice up this trip and we both decided that volunteering at a couple of farms and learning different farming practices, how people are living off the land, and in some cases living off the grid and how we can bring this knowledge back to our communities and friends.

So if you have any questions you want us to ask or explore at these farms or have suggestions of things to see or places to visit along our route, please leave a comment or e-mail us or call us.

5 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment