Monday, August 5, 2013

The Final Countdown


We are in the final countdown for the Pacific Coast Highway trip. We are at 9 days and counting and excitement is running high. I got my bike all tuned up from the guys at Rolling H and it is running like butter; they're awesome and if you're in the Nampa area, please, please, please go there. They are honest guys.

So here's the latest news, Tom Bom is sadly not going to be joining us for at least the start of the trip. Hopefully he can meet up with us in central California if he can start saving up some money after quite the trip to Spain and France. Evan should be returning from France in the next couple of days and hope to skype with him and make sure we are solid on gear and such. Blake seems to be just about in order, finalizing a few gear pieces here and there. Gonna be meeting up with him tonight to chat. I've been on a handful of fully loaded rides and constantly going through my stuff wondering how I can be more efficient.

We are gonna be Greyhounding to Vancouver the evening of August 14th so I'm sure we will start the adventure with some wild stories because if you've ever ridden on a Greyhound, you'll know what I'm talking about. I can recall one time I was verbally and almost sexually assaulted by a large African-American woman on a Greyhound going from Washington D.C. to NYC; thankfully the driver threw her off the bus and my dad loved every minute of my uncomfortableness. Most recently, Evan and Tom had some crazy stories from their Oakland, CA to Newark, NJ Greyhound experience including (children drug dealers, locking drunk people in a broom closet, endless trashy McDonalds rest stops, AC that doesn't work, and people destroying the only toilet onboard).

Should've just planned on biking up to Vancouver...

Gear list and pictures to come. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment