Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Obstruction Point

Yesterday we spent most the day hiking in the park again out at Obstruction Point. Gorgeous weather once again with wonderful mountain vistas. It's a dirt road to a pull off where Evan, Nancy, and Blake went for a more daunting 10.3 mile hike with much elevation loss and gain while I went for the modest 7.3 mile hike down to a lake walking along a ridge then dropping more than 2100 feet. The lake was crystal clear and the fish were jumping like mad. I caught up on some reading and just soaked in the view. I am a sucker for alpine lakes, must be why I enjoy the Sawtooths so much. 

I hiked back to the car and read for an hour and a half before the rest of the gang showed up. We were all wind and sunburned just a tad. We returned to camp, consumed many calories, had a fireside chat, then slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment